At Lexington College, we encourage women to develop their talents to succeed professionally and personally, and to make a difference in their communities. Professors here know you by name, support you to achieve your potential, and challenge you to try new experiences.
As an international student at Lexington College, you will become immersed in a high quality academic environment and receive solid career preparation, while also exploring one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the United States. Our urban campus gives you access to social, cultural, and business opportunities right outside our door.
We recommend all international students start the admission process at least 6 months in advance of the semester in which you want to enroll, so that you have enough time to submit all required documents.
How to Apply to Lexington College
As an international student, you will need to submit the following original documents:
- Completed application
- Personal Essay. Write a minimum of 500 words on the following topics: Contributions you think a woman can make to hospitality and family life; personal experience; relationship with a person that has had influence on you and how this influence has impacted you; most important factors guiding your college selection; your interest in coming to the US and specifically to Lexington College.
- Two letters of recommendation from a faculty member and/or counselor
- Proof of English language competency by submitting an official TOEFL or IELTS score if English is not your native language (Lexington College TOEFL code: 3843). TOEFL minimum scores for application review are 76 for internet-based, 207 for computer based, or 547 for paper-based. IELTS minimum score for application review is 5.8.
- Official transcripts from high school/secondary school and any colleges/universities you have attended. Transcripts mut be translated into English by a certified translator or service.
- Notarized Affidavit of Support
- Copy of your passport
- Application fee of $75
If you are an international student transferring from another U.S. college or university, submit a copy of your visa and the International Student Transfer Form.
Lexington College awards eligible international students with an academic scholarship based on the cumulative grade point average (GPA) upon acceptance to the university. Scholarship awards range from $2,500 to $8,000 per year.
International students do not receive U.S. government funding; however, there are several financial assistance resources available.
Contact Us For More Information
As an international applicant, you have a lot to consider. We are here to help. If you need assistance during the application process, or have questions about enrolling at Lexington College, please contact the Admission Office:
Phone: (312) 226-6294